Old December 25th 08, 09:37 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

Default Steve Lindsey - Astronaut Liar

On Dec 24, 8:54*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:

:Getting onto the main point. Was he a liar. NASA receives a great many
:ideas from people, some good some cracked. I think what is being said
in a nutshell) is that NASA has not adopted their hobbyhorse.
:
:A winged vehicle may be the right answer in the far future. To me
:there are 3 areas.
:
:1) Conventional expendibles - the preferred NASA route.
:
:2) Winged vehicles - They are in fact being investigated.
:
:3) Nuclear - only suitable FROM LEO and likely to raise political
roblems.
:
:4) Ion propulsion - only suitable from LEO. A quadrature spacecraft
:could take astronauts to Mars
:
:Of those the only real possibility is "4".
:

Why?

:
:This leaves us with the
:more exotic possibilities. What about William Mook,
:

That's a pretty 'exotic possibility', since Willie Mook has been a
loon around here for decades. *At least he's more entertaining than
you, though.

Even though William Mook has been a devout Rothschild and republican
Mafia cabal minion in good standing, at least he shares a great deal
of documented information and even a little personal expertise that
some of us could put to good use.

I'm not sure I'd care to see William Mook within the BHO cabinet as a
science or technology adviser, but as an outside consultant and one-
man kind of do-everything think tank, he's far better than most.

~ BG