Old April 30th 08, 10:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Einstein Never Found Contentment

On Apr 29, 1:34*pm, oldcoot wrote:
On Apr 29, 11:24*am, Double-A wrote: "I have never belonged wholeheartedly to a country, a state, nor to a
circle of friends, or even to my own family. *When I was still a
rather precocious youn man, I already realized most vividly the
futility of the hopes and aspirations that most men pursue throughout
thier lives. *Well-being and happiness never appeared to me as an
absolute aim. *I am even inclined to compare such moral aims to the
ambitions of a pig." * - Albert Einstein late in life.

Could such lament reflect a note of self-deprecation for capitulating
to the 'no medium', space-as-void doctrine while knowing full well
better (?).

I think Einstein was undecided about that and flip flopped several
times. He was trying to prove ttat particles of matter were solutons
(standing waves) in his last years, which raised the question:
standing waves in what?

Double-A