Old January 25th 04, 02:43 PM
TKalbfus

Default High-flight rate Medium vs. New Heavy lift launchers

Finally, there is the issue of what expertise we lose when we
shut down a heavy lift capability (Saturn V, Energia, Shuttle).
Certainly we don't mind losing the cost of the standing army,
but are we going to lose the facilities for large fuel tanks
or recoverable strap-ons?

- Cris Fitch
San Diego, CA
http://www.orbit6.com/

The Shuttle C has about half the lift capability of the Saturn V Rocket. I
think we could use a single Shuttle C to launch a Lunar Mission, if it has a
nuclear upper stage. Does that count as a medium lift launcher?

Tom