View Single Post
Old April 7th 17, 03:03 PM posted to sci.astro
Craig Markwardt[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Pioneer Anomaly 2017

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 4:18:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
.. Mr. Craig seems to me an interesting competitor .. we shall try to speak completely (?) in one point, each time ...
.. first point : is quantitatively similar the magnitude of acceleration of Pioneer and Hubble constant ?

No

.. i don't know the paper of Anderson 2002 .. modestly i know that the acceleration in the International Sistem is given in meter each sec * sec ... ..: if i translate the Pioneer 'datas 8.7cm * 10^-8 sec*sec in meter , i get 8.7 m *10^-10 sec*sec

Yes

..: if i tranlate the Hubble 'datas 25 km sec * M y , i get 25*10^3 sec *sec/ 3.1 *10^6 * 10 *6 or 8.2 m*10^-10 sec*sec ...and so the two accelerations are , in absolute value , very similar ..(NB: i have forgotten the M. y. l. , the l. of 'light' because also in Pioneer datas , this quantity was forgotten..)

Don't forget it, it's important. Hubble constant is about 75 km/s/Mpc (Mpc = megaparsec) That is a velocity change of 75 km/s for each megaparsec of distance increase. Typical escape speed for Pioneers is about 12 km/s, so (75 km/s/Mpc * 12 km/s) = 2.9e-14 m/s^2. No way this is close to 8.7e-10 m/s^2.

Now if Pioneers were traveling at the speed of light, then yes, the numbers would be comparable, but that is not the case.
CM