Old November 20th 07, 06:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

Default Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

On Nov 20, 12:32 pm, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:10:46 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,

[...]

SEI had already died by the time he got fired.

There are actual history books that have been written about this,
Eric, like this one:

http://history.nasa.gov/sp4410.pdf

Hey thanks for the link. The irony is that it supports my original
claim and not yours. I quote from page 107:

Throughout the fall of 1989, had not been heavily engaged in the
evolution of SEI within his administration. He had largely delegated
responsibility for the initiative to Vice President Dan Quayle, while
he addressed more pressing issues on the international stage...

I find the $500 billion budget an ironic number to implement SEI in
lieu of W's war. See he http://www.nationalpriorities.org/Co...-of-War-3.html