Old November 20th 07, 12:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

Default Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

On Nov 19, 2:00 pm, Eric Chomko wrote:
On Nov 19, 8:57 am, Monte Davis wrote:

Michael Gallagher wrote:
Congress never funded SEI, and Clinton crushed it and
disbanded the space council once he was in office...
since Bush Sr. didn't have a
second term, the program didn't get a fighting chance to get started
on some hardware...

Read Thor Hogan's "Mars Wars" at

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...070031234_2007...

For better or worse, SEI was dead for all practical purposes by
mid-1991, 18 months before Clinton took office. Sorry if that doesn't
suit your polticial preferences.

Face it, when Bush Sr. relied on Dan Quayle for his space plans it was
doomed from the get-go.

Yes, Gallagher is such a passionate conservative he's smacks of a
bleeding heart about it. Or is that "bleating heart"?

Anybody still thinking Republicans are your "saviors" are still
drinking the cool-aid.

And by NO MEANS am I saying the Democratic party is any better.

I think we should elections like Canada with multiple parites and
whoever gets the MOST votes wins...no 'electoral college'.

We NEED educated people with some COMMONSENSE in Washington.

Instead we get pigs feeding at the trough of taxpayer and borrowing
money from China and Russia as if they will never ask for their money
back.

HAH...if you think the huosing and economy is in trouble now....wait
until the chips are called in and oil is sold in Euros rather than US
dollars.

Who KNOWS how much money the US government has been running through
the presses since he STOPPED by executive order the publishing of that
information?

Bob...
http://commonsensecentral.net/