Old November 16th 07, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

Default US Lawmakers Grill Space Agency on Plans for Shuttle Retirement

Originally spotted on NASA Watch
http://www.nasawatch.com/

US Lawmakers Grill Space Agency on Plans for Shuttle Retirement
http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-11-15-voa53.cfm

Of course, in Florida, even the press wants to go full steam ahead in order
to reduce the number of jobs lost:

NASA: $2 billion to jumpstart Constellation program
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...2-billion.html

Griffin: spaceflight gap unseemly, unwise
http://www.floridatoday.com/floridat...t-shuttle.html

I guess when your job is on the line, or jobs in your district, you don't
really care much what it's costing US taxpayers.

Not a peep of this on the Houston Chronicle's website (not that I really
know where to look for Houston news).

At least Keith Cowing raises the question, why is NASA spending years and
billions of dollars developing Ares I and Ares V when they could have picked
an architecture which used existing EELV's?

I have to day that it *is* annoying to hear Griffin whine how it's not his
fault that there is such a huge gap between shuttle retirement and flying
the CEV when it's obviously *his* architecture which is being rammed down
everyone's throat.

Jeff
--
"When transportation is cheap, frequent, reliable, and flexible,
everything else becomes easier."