Old November 14th 07, 04:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On 13 Nov 2007 22:55:00 +0200, in a place far, far away,
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

NASA must cooperate with the Department of Defense in the United States.
According to the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, Section
305à (i):
"The National Aeronautics and Space Administration shall be considered
a Defense Agency of the United States for the purpose of Chapter 17,
Title 35 of the United States code"

Ken Johnston at:
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NPC-Russia.htm
I do not want any discussion about the slides there. I regard em as the
result of a bad adjusted copy device.

But this law statement surprised me. Is it still actual? If so NASA PAO
did a good job 40 years to present it as research agency.

There is no agency in the US that is allowed to not cooperate with the
Departement of Defense, if necessary. Your question is idiotic.

Of course you seem to have ignored the second paragraph.

But as someone else pointed out, this appears to refer to patent
applications.

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!