Old November 3rd 07, 01:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brian Thorn[_2_]

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 08:12:54 -0700, "Mark R. Whittington"
wrote:

Recently, Senator Hillary Clinton revealed her science agenda. Of
great interest to people involved in making and debating space policy
were the three bullets concerning the space program. To be brief and
to the point, Hillary's agenda would be terrible news for anyone who
supports space exploration and space commerce.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._on_space.html

Well, it didn't take a press release to figure this one out, or
Nostradamus to see it coming...

Under H. Clinton, Orion would be limited to ISS support only. Possible
scrapping of Ares entirely in favor of EELV launch. The 2015 ISS
withdrawal date will be rescinded, but she won't offer much to
improve/expand ISS for the outyears, either. We'd never see Ares V get
started in her administration. NASA budget will be flatline, at best,
but very likely cut every year except election years, just as her
husband did.

Then again, Dubya hasn't done much more than this, either. He's
officially for exploration but has done almost nothing to support that
goal (and has chastised/threatened veto of Congress for trying to fund
the program he initiated.)

Honestly, this entire crop of candidates, Dem and Rep, is so
completely unimpressive, I still have no clear idea who I will vote
for.

Brian