Old November 2nd 07, 03:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

Mark R. Whittington wrote:
Recently, Senator Hillary Clinton revealed her science agenda. Of
great interest to people involved in making and debating space policy
were the three bullets concerning the space program. To be brief and
to the point, Hillary's agenda would be terrible news for anyone who
supports space exploration and space commerce.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._on_space.html

Reading what she actually says she wants, it seems very good to me:

quote
in a telephone interview afterward, she said that in the short term she
would subordinate Bush administration proposals for human exploration of
the Moon and Mars to restoring cuts in aeronautics research and
space-based studies of climate change and other earth science issues.

"Travel to the Moon or Mars 'excites people,' she said, 'but I am more
focused on nearer-term goals I think are achievable.'"
end quote

This emphasizes more science goals, rather than... well I do
not know what the current plan emphasizes, at least it is surely
neither knowledge nor science.