Old June 12th 07, 03:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Default Liquid Puddles found by MER rovers?

On Jun 11, 4:17 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:15?am, Sylvia Else wrote:
rhw007 wrote:

Seems Gil Levin's son found some puddles in MER rover images.
http://space.newscientist.com/articl...r-finds-puddle...
http://tinyurl.com/2sxezk
Bob...
http://www.commonsensecentral.blogspot.com/
That they're liquid seems to be only speculation at this stage.

Sylvia.

if they arent water then what else can they be?

I have no idea, but that's not the point. You can't do science on a
different planet through a remote controlled machine via a process of
elimination.

As pointed out in the article there is a simple test that could be
applied to determine whether the surface is liquid. Until that test, or
an equivalent one, is performed, the liquid status is only speculation.

Sylvia.

Science is all about deductive logic. Obviously you have no such
deductive anything, therefore the wheel needs to get reinvented each
and every time.

I agree that it could be lots of things other than liquid, much less
water. Too bad our best science is so pathetic. Perhaps next time
the mission of whatever robotic rover should be outfitted with a white
cane and having a smart dog.

BTW Earth isn't flat, our moon is terribly salty and otherwise rather
badly reactive, and Venus is livable for anyone having half a village
idiot brain.
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth