Old April 17th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: A2065 for Joe

That may be a "slight" exaggeration.
Rick

J McBride wrote:

60 years ago an image like this could only be done with the 200 Hale.
Excellent !!!!!

Joe

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

I took the first frame of this flipped to the other side of the meridian
and went to bed while the remaining 5 frames were taken. It came out
fairly well. Raining tonight so I should get a few images processed but
the wife has a few chores lined up

The Corona Borealis galaxy cluster is often listed as 1 to 1.5 billion
light years distant but checking the red shift data I get more like 960
million light years. I don't know where the 1.5 billion comes from.
Anyway you can find the IDs of them all. I'm not going to try. The
cluster is said to have 400 members though the listed size is larger
than my frame so some have escaped my photon buckets.

14" LX200R@f/10, 6x10' binned 2x2, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick