Old June 13th 09, 02:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Default Japanese Moon probe to impact tomorrow

On Jun 12, 5:51*pm, rhw007 wrote:
The LRO set to launch soon will be a LONG-TERM mission. *Slelene COULD
have been one using ion engines and a more proper orbit, or maybe a
few million more yen$. *To intentionally build our robots to fail is a
re-hashing and re-manufacturing 'myth' that we can't build ANYTHING to
last longer than 6 months. *I reject that outright. *Our engineers
need to think and use long lasting material that stands the rigors of
space, and we MUST begin my SHARING what DARPA knows with Academic
Scientists. *Otherwise we WILL be screwed when we cross the plane of
the Milky Way Galaxy in 3 years. *Earth will look like Mars.

Bah...even the Soviets won't OPENLY at east put a Lunar Orbiter up, I
quess we should be lucky that NASA is putting one up AFTER the X-37B
test flight.

Bob... http://www.mycommonsensepolitics.net

The Soviets also lost all of their R&D pertaining to fly-by-rocket
landers, Guess if you were a rocket scientist of that era, being
unable to document whatever prototypes and their terrestrial fly-by-
rocket testing was the exact same problem that our DARPA and NASA had.

~ BG