Old January 5th 04, 07:01 AM
lcopps

Default Nova (PBS) Tuesday - EXCELLENT Program

Robert J. Kolker wrote:

Brian Tung wrote:

You neglect to say the buck forty was taken whether or not the person
gave a damn about landing on Mars. Unless this is somehow related to our
national defense or keeping order in our land, I would say this is flat
out theft.

I suppose you think paying people not to work, farmers not to grow
crops, or other pork spending to allow politicians to buy votes is a
better investment. Never hear of any complaints about that. But for
some reason furthering humanities push into space, and funding an effort
that may allow our civilization to obtain raw materials from sources
other than this pillaged planet, always draws criticism.
Imagine that.