Old October 13th 08, 11:20 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
oriel36

Default Which says nothing about the Mantle You really are an idiot

On Oct 13, 10:16*am, "Number Eleven - GPEMC!"
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

[SNIP]

1. Convection cells are not assumed to be geostationary, and what we know of
their motion is what we measure along transform faults.

Convection cells require no association with the planet's shape and
spherical deviation and more importantly,require no link with
rotational dynamics.

2. Differential rotation only occurs in some but definitely *not*all*
"celestial bodies" and is countered by internal friction.

I will not descend to a level where a rotating celestial object withy
a viscous composition is exempt from fluid dynamics and implied
differential rotation.If you specify that a rotating viscous object is
exempt then good for you but I would not wish to hear about it.

3. MARs and MORs do not explain the Great Dividing Range, the Alps and the
Himalyas; whereas thermal convection, plate tectonics, and subduction does.

Let me paraphrase that for you - " The Mid Atlantic Ridge and the Mid
Oceanic Ridge do not explain....".Enough said !.

4. Thermal convection is supported by comsogenic isotope studies as is
subduction.

Good for you,thermal convection has the same appearances as a highly
elaborate geocentric scheme in the absence of rotational dynamics,in
this respect I concur with Copernicus -

". . although they have extracted from them the apparent motions, with
numerical agreement, nevertheless . . . . They are just like someone
including in a picture hands, feet, head, and other limbs from
different places, well painted indeed, but not modeled from the same
body, and not in the least matching each other, so that a monster
would be produced from them rather than a man. Thus in the process of
their demonstrations, which they call their system, they are found
either to have missed out something essential, or to have brought in
something inappropriate and wholly irrelevant, which would not have
happened to them if they had followed proper principles. For if the
hypotheses which they assumed had not been fallacies, everything which
follows from them could be independently verified." De revolutionibus,
1543

5. Rate of subduction is measured directly by GPS monitoring.

I actually require people who are serious about the matter and who can
expand on the arguments which link rotational dynamics with
evolutionary geology in a meaningful way,so far it hasn't happened but
it is one of these things where the point of departure is so radical,
much like the difference between geocentric and heliocentric
precepts,that the usual slow assimilation does not apply.

Seehttp://expansion.geologist-1011.netfor some references...

All this means is that the exquisite link between planetary shape and
crustal dynamics via fluid dynamics of the rotating interior replacing
a non-rotating (geostationary) mechanism such as 'convection cells'
remains out of bounds.People are literally arguing for a stationary
Earth notion and that is remarkable given that when approaching other
rotating celestial objects with viscous compositions there is not the
slightest problem with the correlation between maximum Equatorial
speed,differential rotation and spherical deviation.The addition of
the fractured thin crust profiling the internal rotational dynamics
should provide for a more vibrant approach to crustal evolution and
motion.

Take care now and be proud of you thermally driven 'convection
cells',you have promoted your ideas in a fair and civil way and I
could not ask for more than that.

Timothy Casey GPEMC - Eleven is the to email.
Philosophical Essays:http://timothycasey.info
Speed Reading:http://speed-reading-comprehension.com
Softwahttp://fieldcraft.biz;Scientific IQ Test, Web Menus, Security…
Science & Geology:http://geologist-1011.com;http://geologist-1011.net
Technical & Web Design:http://web-design-1011.com
--
GPEMC! Anti-SPAM email conditions apply. Seewww.fieldcraft.biz/GPEMC
The General Public Electronic Mail Contract is free for public use.