Old October 13th 08, 10:16 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
Number Eleven - GPEMC!

Default Which says nothing about the Mantle You really are an idiot (was Why Earth's mantle is solid)

"oriel36" wrote in message
[SNIP]

1. Convection cells are not assumed to be geostationary, and what we know of
their motion is what we measure along transform faults.

2. Differential rotation only occurs in some but definitely *not*all*
"celestial bodies" and is countered by internal friction.

3. MARs and MORs do not explain the Great Dividing Range, the Alps and the
Himalyas; whereas thermal convection, plate tectonics, and subduction does.

4. Thermal convection is supported by comsogenic isotope studies as is
subduction.

5. Rate of subduction is measured directly by GPS monitoring.

See http://expansion.geologist-1011.net for some references...

Timothy Casey GPEMC - Eleven is the to email.
Philosophical Essays:
http://timothycasey.info
Speed Reading: http://speed-reading-comprehension.com
Softwa http://fieldcraft.biz; Scientific IQ Test, Web Menus, Security…
Science & Geology: http://geologist-1011.com; http://geologist-1011.net
Technical & Web Design: http://web-design-1011.com
--
GPEMC! Anti-SPAM email conditions apply. See www.fieldcraft.biz/GPEMC
The General Public Electronic Mail Contract is free for public use.