Old May 23rd 05, 06:54 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Yeah, but did he carve it out of Ivory, Irish Spring, or Lava this
time? :-)

I don't know what it's made out of, but he's got a severe fit problem
between the wing front end and the fuselage:
http://up-ship.com/ptm/spiralprogress2.jpg
There's another model out there of the MiG 105/Spiral spaceplane in 1/72
scale (I assume Scott is doing his in 1/144th)
http://www.anigrand.com/AA2004mig-105.html
http://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/...on/MiG_105.php
Anigrad Craftworks has quite a few oddball aircraft models, including
other lifting bodies
http://www.anigrand.com/AA2014hl-10.html
http://www.anigrand.com/AA2015m2-f2.html
The X-34
http://www.anigrand.com/AA2012x-34.html
And this thing, which had to have been in APR at some time:
http://www.anigrand.com/AA2037xv-2.html
Is it just me, or is that single rotor blade going to have to rotate
like a bat out of hell to lift something that heavy into the air?
Still, more jet fighters need wheel pants...
This always looked like a fun set also:
http://www.spacetoys.com/cart.php?se...6239166&item=4
Meanwhile, Alex Panchenko now has a model of a really wild looking new
MiG fighter on his site that looks a lot like some of those A-11
inspired fighters that Lockheed tried to interest the Air Force and Navy
in:
http://www.ussr-airspace.com/catalog...965eab073b573c
http://www.ussr-airspace.com/catalog...c061e5ea5aeddb

Pat