Old April 28th 04, 09:51 AM
Tim Auton

Andrew Cockburn wrote:
Ho Colin,

[snip]
Here's the link to my PCB Layout.

http://www.cjdawson76.btinternet.co....dicatorPCB.jpg

I haven't done any electronics since I were a lad (this is a great
reason to get back intot it!) - In those days I made PCBs using
transfers and etch resist pens. Is the photo-etching expensive to get
setup ? I bet the results are a lot better .. I'll do a little surfing
and see I think.

The most expensive bit that you really need is a UV light box. Buy one
for (roughly) £100 or make one for £50. The rest (etchant, developer,
boards, plastic trays...) is pretty cheap.

You can get good results for minimal outlay if you have a laser
printer using the "toner transfer" method - you print your circuit on
the laser (it has to be a laser) and iron it onto the board, the toner
sticks and acts as resist. Search for "pcb toner transfer" or
something like that, there are plenty of sites detailing the method.

Tim
--
Love is a travelator.