Old December 2nd 16, 07:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Calm and cloudy here in Gresham. Ground is wet from earlier rains. 44F as of 10:45 AM PST here. More rain expected this afternoon and continuing though the weekend. Talk of snow is in the forecast! Of course, it's December.

I picked up one of the free newspapers when I got to the library yesterday. (They go fast!) Most people can't afford to subscribe anymore. An article talked about how many students in school around the greater Portland area are homeless! At Reynolds High School, less than 10 miles from here, about 10 percent of the students are homeless! Makes you wonder if they do a lot of sleeping at school, because that is the only warm place they have to go. The percentage of homeless students has been steadily increasing lately. Rising rents are forcing more and more families into the parks! My one rent will increase by $100 next month! My Social Security COLA will give me en increase of only $4.38!

Double-A