Old December 5th 15, 03:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Default Where would our space program had continued to use saturnboosters to launch the shuttles

well the costs to design and build the shuttle would of been less, since no solids needed, the shuttles main engines neednt of been super powered, easier to build, fly and service, since a saturn derative, would of been more powerful than the shuttle stack.

so one additional lunar mission could of been flown, along with the launch of another skylab.

we would ofended up with a more flexible system too, both heavy lift and a somewhat different shuttle