Old March 28th 12, 08:41 PM posted to sci.military.naval,alt.military.retired,sci.space.policy,alt.war.vietnam
Andrew Swallow[_3_]

Default New Marine Corp commercial....."Towards the Sound of Chaos"

On 28/03/2012 16:20, Jonathan wrote:
"Dr. Vincent Quin, wrote in message
m...
bob haller wrote:
On Mar 26, 11:21 pm, "David E.
wrote:

Iraq is going OK except for...

Afghanistan is politically messed up. It can be won on the ground as
Iraq was if the same policy is followed.

neither is winnable and iraq is detoriating.

and Iraq is not over...the U.S. will leave...(the wars have cost us 3
trillion)...

but now every nation knows if it dares defy the U.S., it *must* have a
WMD.

And once they do, then the dictatorship can live on and on
like in N Korea. So when some dictatorship begins building
nukes, should we just look the other way and let the
people there suffer endlessly?

North Korea's turn will come. It is just that the oil states are a
higher priority.

Andrew Swallow

Or take that dictatorship out while we can?

Which is better for them and us? A world full
of rogue dictatorships armed with nukes, or
a world full of emerging democracies that
don't even need much of a military?

I know which side I'm on.