Old August 23rd 03, 09:12 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default Mariner Valley, etc. Around 27 August?

In message , Gary Morrison
writes
I'm wondering which days of this month's close pass with Mars various
especially prominent surface features will be visible. That is, with
respect to the ~10-minute daily slip of Mars vs. Earth period of day, do
any of you know where the US will be in the Earth's rotation, relative to
where Mariner Valley will be on Mars' rotation, during various nights over
the next couple weeks. Similarly for Sirtis Major and other prominent
surface features.

Anybody know where I could find that information?

IMO the easiest way to find features on Mars is to use the Mars
Previewer freeware program, written by Leandro Rios. I think you'll find
it on Sky and Telescope's web site. Beware; some copies of the file have
a virus.
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"