Old July 11th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: SH2-110 in S2HaO3 @ ~ 10 hours

I am not as happy with this as I was hoping I would be at this time. I
probably have about 10 hours exposure binned 2x2 at f/12.6

one issue is that I haven't had proper darks and have had to get by. It
makes the image a bit noisier.

another is that I have a peculiar reflection in my [OIII] flat/filter in
this scope that I have not seen in my 400mm camera lens

I suspect that there's something reflecting some light somewhere and is
better at reflecting green than red

I also have a bit of a problem with reflections in my main baffle tube. I
believe those are responsible for the large offset haloes around the bright
stars.

I changed how that was flocked during the spring and now I can see that to
get the results I want I need to further refine that.

all excuses aside here it is.

at this scale it looks better than at full rez :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh2_101_mk1sn2_f12_pl9k_baader_ha_fli_s2o3_xga.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	2030