Old November 16th 06, 09:38 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jochem Huhmann

Default NASA Astronaut on Columbia Repair (and others)

Pat Flannery writes:

OM wrote:

William Mook

Oh, come on; Mook can come up with some incredibly strange fun ideas.

And killfiling him is absolutely pointless, because he only posts very
rarely. He also has no habit to engage in endless threads. He's actually
quite reasonable, even if he seems somewhat disconnnected from reality.
But I forgive him every time because at least he gets his numbers right.

The idea being that the exhaust gas is always moving subsonicly compared
to the gas sheath surrounding it.

Might be quite useful some day in the future when you have spacecraft
lifting off everywhere daily... Yeah, that's the "disconnected from
reality" part. Still, I enjoy his postings usually. There're too many
people around here being much too connected to our boring reality
anyway.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."