Old November 16th 06, 08:40 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history
Derek Lyons

Default NASA Astronaut on Columbia Repair (and others)

"columbiaaccidentinvestigation"
wrote:

The point of Roger Boisjoly's information and affiliation with a
group such as onlineethics.org is for all of us to benefit from his
personal story to stop the launch of challenger, and prevent the
tragedy that occurred jan 28 1986.

Except - he didn't actually take any actual action to stop the launch
and prevent the tragedy. When push came to shove - he folded.

His actual message seems to be "you can claim an ethical victory even
if you failed". (Or to put it even finer "it does not matter if
people died, so long as you've done the minimum to salve you our
conscience".)

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.