Old November 16th 06, 06:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Eric Chomko

Default NASA Astronaut on Columbia Repair (and others)

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:08:17 GMT, in a place far, far away, Monte
Davis made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

One of the most striking things about discussions of space is the
widespread disconnect between the ugly real world of aerospace
engineering and an imagined, beautiful "how it oughta be" where the
engineers always get to do everything right without any interference
from managers, Congress (for NASA) or investors (for private
ventures).

What's so frustrating is that we aren't even asking to do everything
right. We'd just like to do it so everything isn't so damned *wrong*.

Right or wrong isn't what is going to get you into space, goals and
results will.

Eric