Old December 30th 05, 06:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Getting to the Total Solar Eclipse

laura halliday wrote:

"Gareth Slee" wrote:

I'll be in Side in Turkey on the 29th March. I'm staying here...
http://hemerahotel.com/engindex.html
It's a hotel popular with Germans, so high standards are guaranteed :-)
(snip...)

I'll be based in Antalya, and will observe from the
Side area on the 29th.

Be advised, though, that a *lot* of people are going to
Turkey at the end of March, and flights are getting
expensive.

Canada and U.S. folks need a visa to visit Turkey.
You can do it at the airport when you arrive, but since
my arrival time is 2310 (shudder), I'm going to see if I
can set things up with the Turkish Embassy before I
leave. Gives me something to do in January...

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

A visa? Won't a passport do it?

"I often quote myself - it adds spice to
my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews