Old November 23rd 03, 07:32 PM
James Goldman

Default Solar System vs. deep-sky

Marty wrote:

I tend to favor deep sky viewing. Somehow, the very remoteness and
enormity of it all is more mind stretching for me. Just looking at the
dim fuzzies and wondering what it's all about is liberating somehow.

That's me, too. Deep-sky viewing from the city is pretty challenging, and
when you do find something I'm sure most people would think the view isn't
very interesting. But when you know that that faint smear of light is a
mighty city containing more *suns* than there are people on Earth, well...

Sometimes, though, it's so vast that I feel dead to wonder. Then I like to
look at the Moon, because it's beautiful and the idea of it makes better
sense to my tiny brain!