Old January 14th 19, 01:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The US government shutdown is almost certainly delaying SpaceX's crucial launch - MIT Technology Review

In article ,
says...

"William Elliot" wrote in message
x.com...
https://www.technologyreview.com/the...rucial-launch/

Because nobody wants to work for FREE.

Federal workers who are not deemed "essential" can't work during a
government shutdown by law. They can't work even if they want to.
They're not allowed to "donate their time". They'll get in big trouble
if they do.

I've heard from some federal workers that they got in trouble for
checking their emails (likely sending replies too). Their boss texted
them on their personal phones to "knock it off".

Jeff