Old November 2nd 18, 07:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Supernova event as a transition phase

In 1990 I was working on stellar evolution and specifically the geometry of a pre-supernova star. In terms of the tug-of-war between density and volume in and surrounding the star, the geometric structure is based on two large externals rings and one smaller intersecting ring signifying not only a process but an outcome. In 1994, this image showed up -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_198..._1987A_HST.jpg

In short, a supernova event, at least for certain stars, may be a transition phase rather than the death of a star where a huge star loses mass, does not die but creates a solar system in the process. It is perhaps a wonderful idea that the planets in our own solar system, including our home planet, owe their existence to our parent Sun which went through a transition phase and released elements that make up our planet and even the material in our own bodies.

As for the mathematical/geometric reasoning behind this suggestion, the rules are entirely different than those which conclude that a star ends its productive existence at a supernova event.