Old September 3rd 08, 01:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Propeller DWB 111

Cool image Stefan

It is a nice object

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
First I'd like to mention that I have difficulties posting replies to
other images as my newsserver has not shown any new pictures in this group
for almost a month. My posts through spacebanter.com have only
occasionally reached other servers. I hope my ISP gets everything running
again...
Until then I'll post replies through spacebanter. Now let's see if my
newsserver at least manages to post my own images:

Richard's fine picture of the propeller nebula reminded me that I have not
imaged it myself. Unfortunately I lost focus somewhere in the middle of
the series, but had to use all pictures to get a usable signal/noise
ratio. Deconvolution in CCDsharp and resizing to 75% makes the image look
more acceptable.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ARC at f/5.7 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 45x5 minutes through an Astronomik 13nm Halpha
filter, 5 minutes each for RGB (with the red channel being a 50/50 mix of
5 minutes red and the Halpha image)

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/dwb111P...rcolourgut.jpg

Stefan