Old May 14th 16, 11:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Ballistic Delivery Drone

This entire process described thus far is built around legacy technology. The development of radically new capabilities, like self reconfiguring self replicating microscopic modular robots, popularly known as 'utility fog' chages things radically

http://www.nanotech-now.com/utility-fog.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXpkG93KzdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1t4M2XnIhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6p-1J551Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvN9Ri1GmuY

Here, instead of paying $0.056 per kWh for electricity to make hydrogen and oxygen from river water, we have large swarms of robots collecting sunlight, processing air, and soil, into useful products, and then assemble on demand into any desired object.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/77588930/Brand-New-World

Obviously that object can be a ballistic passenger missile fully fueled, and sized precisely for the mission you've conjured it into existence for, and then dissolves leaving you at your destination. Repeat the process to return.

You access the system through an alternative to the dark web, that's delivered by the robot swarm itself.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login...er% 3D4684993

Anyone with a modern cell phone has NFC options on the phone. Merely switch them on, and you will find a pervasive signal that will be detected. Link with it, and you will be communicating with a cloud of processors that are pervasively in the environment, and communicate anywhere with anyone.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...r-phone-948410

You then pay for whatever you want and it gets conjured into existence. When your done with it, it dissolves into the cloud.

So, using our LA to NYC example, again, we travel 3,944 km point to point and require a vehicle sized precisely for this operation, and take only a few minutes and then dissolve back into the cloud.

People would tend to live anywhere they like and begin spreading out. Looking at the 105 million square kilometers of highly valued land, and the 7.5 billion persons grouped into 2 billion residences each within a hexagon 52,500 square meters in area. A separation of about 275 sq m between residences.

Extending areas beyond land, we have the potential of 2 billion hexagons each 177,125 sq km spread across ocean and land. A separation of about 500 meters between residences.

http://www.interiordesiign.com/wp-co...-Retreat-2.jpg