Old March 24th 07, 08:57 AM posted to sci.space.station
John Doe

Default ATV may be delayed again

frédéric haessig wrote:
July launch has been known to be overly optimistic for quite some time.
Try October or November, IMO.... if all goes well.

Merci.

Do you know if there are known problems/issues with it ? Or is it just a
question of pleasing paperwork people , especially at NASA ?

which have flown for decades ( like ADA ). Sometime, it feels like NASA is
using ATV to get knowledge on Progress and Soyouz ( or to discover what NASA
should have done with these in contingency cases ).

One of the articles I had read mentioned that the USA committes became more
weary after the NASA projects such as DART had failed. I guess there is some
logic to this. If NASA's quality assurance and testing failed to prevent the
DART failure, then those same standards and quality assurance process would also
not prevent failure of ATV.