Old November 15th 03, 09:48 AM
Pat Flannery

Default From Russia, Without Love

Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker wrote:

It renders it slightly useful, rather than almost totally unuseful.

Sorry. I don't see the point. Which "slightly usefulness" do you want
to achieve with that? Is it really an increase in usefulness? Is that
worth its cost and negative side effects?

I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of the term "totally
unuseful"; wouldn't a more straightforward way of saying this be
"totally useless"? (hell, "unuseful" isn't even in spellcheck.) Off to
The Columbia School Of Journalism's remedial summer school courses with
you, Mr. Simberg! And take off that fedora- it looks silly on Mr.
Drudge, and it looks silly on you. :-)

Mr. Cronkite, Guidance Counselor