Old October 1st 12, 04:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_2_]

Default Wonder what the LM lower stages condition is ??

In article ,
says...

bob haller wrote:

archealogy is fine but tourism is a income generator...

now answer me this why all the excitement about the shuttles going to
museums? they will be big tourism draws.

now imagine here we have a flown snoopy lost in heliospheric orbit for
60 years.... although it did not land on the moon it was the first LM
to orbit the moon and its testing allowed the later landing.....

I am wondering if they even survived in pretty good shape without
major damage from volatile explosions etc??

over here we have some fragments of the apollo 11 LM uper stage it
crashed into the moon some months after the landing and its crash site
was located and these fragments recovered by a rover that happened to
spot it........

tourism is a major industry for our country

Now look at the costs of recovery and try to make your books balance,
Bobbert....

It's deja vu all over again...

Jeff