Old March 18th 09, 04:05 AM posted to alt.sci.physics.new-theories,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
doug

Default Finite Relativism: Review Request

bobd wrote:

On Mar 18, 4:41 pm, doug wrote:

bobd wrote:

On Mar 18, 4:15 am, Sam Wormley wrote:

bobd wrote:

On Mar 17, 4:12 pm, Sam Wormley wrote:

bobd wrote:

Did you know that maxwell derived them with the aether in mind. You
really don't know much about science do you? Do you have a phd or do
you study in your spare time?

Science has shown that Maxwell's equations work fine without any
aether. None is needed and none is detected.

Then what is magnetism??? You don't know do you, science doesn't
either.

I though you knew about Maxwell's equations and work? Were you just
pretending to understand Maxwell?

Yes it gives the equations for it's effect but states nothing about
what it actually is! You have dug yourself into a hole and I think you
know it. You are just arguing now because you don't like to loose.

Lets see, the equations describe what happens and make accurate
predictions. Sounds good to me. You want philosophy not physics.

So now you admit that science does not know what it is?

You keep wanting to put in your prejudices into science. The
equations describe it quite well. If you want something else,
go do philosophy where you can bend words all you want.

Go herehttp://discovermagazine.com/2008/may/02-three-words-that-could-overth...
Read the paragraph "renowned physicist Steven Weinberg, who won a
Nobel for unifying electromagnetism with the so-called weak force,
admit that he can’t explain how a magnet holds a dry-cleaning ticket
to the door of a refrigerator."

We saw this before and then so what?

What proof is there that the aether doesn't exhist?

What proof is there that invisible pink flying elephant toasters don't
exist? Proofs are for mathematicians, not physicists.

Once again you realise that you are incorrect. Do you think it's
logical that a beam of light will travel at exactly the same speed
through nothing when it is emitted by a candle or the sun?? This is
just like saying particles of sound (lets call them soundions) will
travel through empty space and arrive at the reciever, traveling at
set speed limit.

If you bothered to look at the last century of physics, you would
understand this. I can see that you are too lazy to do so.

Ahhh hahahaha you give me complicated, maths garbled answer, I give
you a simple one.

The math is the description. Your delusions have no effect on
the world.

That the michelson-

morley experiement didn't detect it????

The Michelson–Morley experiment gave the correct result.

That only proved there was no "aether wind" it did not disprove it. It
makes more sense for it to be dragged round by the earth. It explains
frame dragging, GPS corrections all without the need for bending of
space time.

You should do yourself a favor and look up frame dragging!

I bet i know a lot more about it than you have proved

Well you have been hiding it pretty well if you do.