Old February 28th 09, 10:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

Default What if (on Sun Wobble) + Uranius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

Painius Even when I think alone great thoughts I know I am standing on
the shoulders of Feynman Einstein Bohr Hubble Wheeler Sagan Born and so
many others. No man can call his thoughts his own. no man can stand
alone. No man is an island. Alt. Astronomy proves this to me every day
TreBert

Of course, the flip-side to that idea for a scientist is that
it tends to deplete the individual responsibility one still
must possess for whatever idea or ideas that one comes
up with based upon "standing on the shoulders" of past
great scientists.

Case in point would be the goings-on with the LHC and
the loud public outcry against it. The good scientist must
publish a readable, understandable explanation that
alleviates the worries of the mob. For this to go undone,
or to be done incompetently, is a travesty to science and
a blight on the good names and shoulders upon which
today's physicists stand.

All i've seen so far from science is trash that makes the
mob feel like idiots, and it just ****es lay-people off and
makes them even more apprehensive about the LHC.
Simply saying, "There is no way anything bad will happen
when the LHC is fired up," just ain't gonna hack it with
the mob. People want BELIEVABLE ASSURANCE, and i
have yet to see this being done, or even attempted.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "Convinced myself, I seek not to convince."
E. A. Poe

P.P.S.: http://Astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://PoisonFalls.painellsworth.net
http://TheInternetStory.painellsworth.net