Old March 16th 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default NGC 4236 Another low surface brightness M81 group galaxy

I'd forgotten your post. Back then I had snow in the Polaris Tree and
couldn't reach it. But high winds a couple weeks ago blew it all out
and now it doesn't lean so far toward the observatory so I was able to
reach it at a point when it was about as far south east as it gets. Had
less than two hours a night however.

I'm puzzled by your apparent lack of signal. My 6" f/4 was only about
an f stop faster than your f/6 yet had 10 times the signal you seem to
get in the same time. Makes me wonder if there's some issue with the
camera or how the images are processed. Think your old 6" f/6 used to
give far more signal as well in the final result.

Your just posted M97 was 1:30. Most sources say one shot color gets the
job done in less time than LRGB.
http://www.astromart.com/articles/ar...article_id=639

Yet my shot in 1:25 goes far deeper.
http://www.spacebanter.com/attachmen...ntid=519&stc=1

I'm not sure what's going on here.

Rick

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

Nice shot Rick! You have a ton more signal than I got with my image
earlier this year...