Old December 2nd 06, 06:26 PM posted to sci.space.moderated
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default ECO sensor

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 12:44:48 -0500, in a place far, far away,
"columbiaaccidentinvestigation"
made the phosphor on my

Shuttle Program Manager Wayne Hale said senior managers today agreed
to press ahead with a launch attempt even if one of four engine cutoff
- ECO - sensors in the ship's external fuel tank fails during the
final hours of the countdown.
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts116/061129frr/

Yes, they were saying after the last flight that they were finally
going to change that dumb rule. There was no reason they couldn't
have launched on the Friday before.

Rand, do you benefit or profit from making nasa look bad?

Not that I'm aware of. But I don't make NASA look bad. It's moronic
NASA defenders like you (who can't even spell its name properly) and
NASA's own actions that make it look bad. I simply point them out.
Certainly, if I were compensated for NASA looking bad, I'd be a very
wealthy man.