Old January 4th 19, 09:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Back to supernova geometry

The imaging is spectacular but so must be the reasoning which allows solar systems to be born from their parent star hence certain supernova represent a transition phase rather than the death of a star -

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap141110.html

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap170305.html

The newer imaging shows the dust thrown up and rebounding against the smaller ring -

http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...ant-01663.html

I have my own way of working with geometries but at no time am I willing to pander to exotic notions and physical impossibilities that defy logical progression as theorists are inclined to do.

Ultimately protoplanetary disks favor a transition phase involved in a supernova event rather than just the death of a star.