Old June 21st 16, 12:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Vaughn Simon

Default Leaning tower of falcon 9

On 6/20/2016 9:59 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
Yet curiously SpaceX hasn't yet static test fired any recovered
boosters.

Actually, they did in January:

SpaceX fire up returned Falcon 9 first stage at SLC-40
January 15, 2016 by Chris Bergin
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2016...alcon-9-first-
stage-slc-40/

Thank you, I remember that now! But that is still far different from
the test they proposed, which I believe was supposed to be ten firings
to demonstrate the robustness of the booster. The article only mentions
one 2-second burn, and a questionable engine.

Incidentally it was also supposed to be done at their new pad, but with
the new "bleeding edge" super cooling equipment and procedures, I can
see where that may have slipped.