Old June 21st 16, 02:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Leaning tower of falcon 9

In article , says...

On 6/20/2016 5:30 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
SpaceX has
dismantled and inspected the first booster they recovered. They have
stated that it all looks clean and virtually brand new.

Yet curiously SpaceX hasn't yet static test fired any recovered
boosters.

Actually, they did in January:

SpaceX fire up returned Falcon 9 first stage at SLC-40
January 15, 2016 by Chris Bergin
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2016...alcon-9-first-
stage-slc-40/

I know that SpaceX is busy trying to increase their launch
tempo (and having considerable success) but this delay really is
starting to get curious, particularly in the face of their success at
recovery. Their stated goal was to static fire a recovered booster
several times, and to do it quickly. It hasn't happened. Why not?

I'm betting it's the huge backlog of launches to take care of. Paying
customers no doubt come first.

Jeff