Old August 16th 04, 10:01 AM
Paul Blay

"Robert Carnegie" wrote ...
In article , Bill Bonde (
``Soli Deo Gloria'' ) writes

Gactimus wrote:

How many people can the earth support?

Six billion so far and we have yet to even start farming the oceans, 70%
of the surface of the planet.

Just because we have six billion being supported right now is no guarantee
that six billion is a figure that can be supported for the foreseeable future
with their current lifestyle. I _don't_ actually think it is the case yet but
the skydiver with a broken parachute scenario can apply.

Skydiver A pulls his parachute release, nothing happens,
pulls his emergency parachute release, nothing happens.

Skydiver B, "How are you doing?"

Skydiver A, "Just fine - so far."

My impression is we've halfway farmed them to death.

Fish farms have their share of bad news stories. However I think
they still pale when compared to the fishing industry itself.