Old August 16th 04, 09:22 AM
Robert Carnegie

In article , Bill Bonde (
``Soli Deo Gloria'' ) writes

Gactimus wrote:

How many people can the earth support?

Six billion so far and we have yet to even start farming the oceans, 70%
of the surface of the planet.

My impression is we've halfway farmed them to death. Coastal
fish farms apparently cause pollution which wipes out the rest of
the local ecosystem, and free-ranging fish, whales, etc. are nearly
eliminated.

This has an observable effect on public policy, since fish is brain
food - some people claim omega-3 from fish is essential for brain
development, although I don't see how our ancestors on the
African savannah got hold of it; maybe this is a theory especially
for the Aquatic Ape faction. Come to think, it also doesn't account
for vegetarians (/real/ vegetarians /don't/ eat fish).

Robert Carnegie at home, at large
--
I am fully aware I may regret this in the morning.