Old August 7th 18, 08:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Sky and Tel: Venus ignored, too much emphasis on LONG DEAD Mars?

RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 5 August 2018 10:37:02 UTC-4, Quadibloc wrote:
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:37:13 PM UTC-6, RichA wrote:

I just want better pictures. Mars has been imaged to death.

Venus' atmosphere is so dense, it interferes with taking good pictures there, so
it will hardly help.

John Savard

I thought the Russian images from 1975(?) were pretty good, given the
technology then. I don't know what the atmospheric extinction is, but
they can still image their immediate

The Venera 13 colour images show a horizon although there is some doubt
whether it is 100 metres away or a mirage.