Old April 11th 04, 09:42 PM
Chuck

Default Looking to buy a "decent" refractor telescope for under $400

I'd buy the N80GT, then sell the OTA and your ETX and replace the OTA with
Orion 80ED. You should be able to do all of that for close to $400.00 and
have one hell of an upgrade ...

--

Clear Skies,

Chuck

"Fee Fillers" wrote in message
m...
I am looking for a decent refractor telescope for under $400 to go
along with my Meade ETX90EC. I want it for quick viewing of the moon
and planets. I was wondering whats is a good one for the price of 400
or below. I would like it to have goto capability but its not
required. I found these two, The Meade DS-80AT Telescope, but it has
.965 eyepices. the Meade DS-2070AT has 1.25 eyepices. but cost a
little more. I only using meade has an example, its the brand im used
to, I open to any brand if they are worth the price? Any suggestions
will be appreciated. Thanks for you help!