Old March 6th 09, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Saturns narrowing rings

Adriano wrote:

Here's my first attempt at Saturn this year (actually my first
astrophoto after about 2 years hiatus from the craft). Taken in marginal
seeing last night. Used a Celestron C8 at f/60 (12000mm). ToUCam,
Registax, 1665 frames. Thanks for looking.

Welcome back!
I was wondering what happened to you. Don't stay away! I had a 5 year
gap in imaging between the film and CCD age. It was almost like
starting all over again as to the processing side of things. I still
know a darkroom a lot better than image software!

I hate to admit it but I haven't even looked at Saturn this year with
anything more than my naked eye. What with the big moon out there I
should pull away from deep sky imaging and stick in an eyepiece. I must
have a few around here someplace.

I had a USB 1.1 web cam years ago but it is now history. I never did as
well as your Saturn with it. I should reinvest in a better one and try
again.

Rick