Old February 6th 14, 06:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Genesis and Matthew

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:11:10 PM UTC, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 08:01:39 -0800 (PST), oriel36

wrote:

You know,I went out of my way to meet you in Armagh and offered to drive the 30 minutes it takes to drive to incredible astronomical sites of Newgrange, Knowth and Dowth with their Solstice and Equinox alignments but then again empiricists are ignorant of astronomical history including their own cult which is roughly a few centuries old.

Which was appreciated. But which doesn't change in the slightest that

you have an extremely bizarre world view.

An astronomer looking at the Newgrange and Stonehenge monuments which are separated by 1000 years or 4% of a precessional cycle,there is an incredible amount of information flowing from the alignments in terms of planetary dynamics and why precession is a long term orbital trait and not an axial trait given that both monuments still retain their alignments across many thousands of years.

Your cult manufactures history hence you are unlikely to experience the admiration from the great astronomers in antiquity and the skill in all facets of social organization to construct these wonders,everything from quarrying to architecture,sea and river navigation to just the right location not to mention the astronomical knowledge to create the alignment -

http://www.worldheritageireland.ie/b...age/newgrange/

The Christian Book of Revelation,like the Matthean and Genesis structure is a geometric work but like all the other great insights both physical and intellectual,it will always remain impenetrable to the dour,the mediocre and the dull. I delight in my work because it pleases God that I delight in Him and even if the transmission of insights only comes in glimpses and perhaps in less than perfect terms,this will resonate among those whom it is destined to resonate. That is why the contemporary era is amazing for other reasons in providing a conduit for information that has been ignored for centuries.