Old October 27th 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: IMPORTANT UPDATE ON COMET

I discovered a flaw in my processing flow for the Polarization Difference
Image of the Comet 17 / P Holmes

I have since corrected and have extraordinary results to share. *I am
serious, you must have another look*.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/com...tokes_page.htm

in particular scroll down the page and look at the image that differences
the output of the 90 and 0 degree analyzers:

direct link:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ima...90-0_crisp.jpg

the structure revealed using this technique is truly remarkable.

I wish I had more than 3366mm focal length available with clear skies right
now (and good seeing too)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comet_17_p_holmes_PDI_crisp_200710250500z.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1370  Click image for larger version

Name:	comet_17_p_holmes_90-0_crisp.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1371