Old October 16th 20, 01:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default Is the Space Force Secure?

Louis Epstein pounded on thar keyboard to tell us
I am NOT a Trump supporter,and would not have pushed for a Space Force
just yet,but now that there is one I would rather not see it dissolved
by a Biden administration just because it was Trump's initiative.

Does it seem likely that such a punitive action would be taken?

There would have to be a rational reason that would convince the Senate
not to override the action, and doubling the money already spent
creating the SF (by having to spend to undo things) doesn't seem a good
idea without more being achieved.

I suspect that there were people in the Pentagon who thought this was a
good idea even before Trump "thought it up", and perhaps they now have
sufficient consensus to keep it going.

Biden's role is likely to be deciding who wins in turf disputes about
specific systems, commands, or policies when the AF and the SF can't
come to an agreement.

Side note: one explanation I encountered long ago for the lack of
German carriers in WWII was that the Luftwaffe didn't want anyone else
controlling planes.

/dps

--
Trust, but verify.